The Freak Institution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Fed Stable

Go down 
+10
Drewsky
Fonty
Cerebral"Ultimate"Legend
TGR
xtreme enigma
The Philadelphia Phighter
Axel
JB-DY
Yoshitoro
Eazy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

TWG Name : Akragth

Fed Stable - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:11 am

Another reason I dislike stables. 1 voice, 3 tag alongs. If the other three have no voice in the group, then what's the point? Why do you have to write it all yourself? To me that's you taking over three other characters for your own personal use. If you want a group, it has to be a group. Otherwise use inactives. Any parts with their guys in, they have the right to write.
Back to top Go down
https://theinstitution.forumotion.com
Never PMs first.

TWG Name : The Philadelphia Phighter

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Since it's time to speak out, here we go.

I've been in three stables myself. Fire, Wind, and Wisdom (paraphrasing the name because it's been really damn long), Generation NOW, and The Clean-Up Act (that epic stable Creed was referring to? Yes. That was it.)

Fire, Wind and Wisdom was a stable I was in when I was in BLWF. I was a little bit above the starting out level, but with a will to learn. I have to say, I hated the group. Do you know why? I never had any control over anything that happened with it. I just walked out, said something relevant, and then the other two were basically writing the storyline and telling me diddly shit (nothing). Looking back, I think my dissatisfaciton was because I felt disrespected for being left out of the process of putting things together.

When I was in SWP, I took on the position of the leader second man of Generation NOW. Mitch Shredder started the group, and it was him, Anti-Matter, Illuminati3, and myself. Anti-Matter and Illuminati grew to become inactive, leaving it just to be me and him. Do I remember having much fun? Not really. Shredder is a bit of a dick.

But then Shredder was leaving, so I took over the group, and I wrote a screwjob segment where the group had me win the championship, as I took the leader's spot. I got the glory, but you know what? It sucked. I recruited a new member or two (Ultimate X and someone else - Creed? I don't think so, but there's a reason behind the chemistry he was talking about) and I was planning on having it be awesome - but it really wasn't. Getting to the "glory", or the title, wasn't really all that it was cracked up to be and the stable just wasn't any fun. I think that message applies to titles today if you aren't working your ass off at all times.

Then, we had the SWP-go-over-to-AFC group, The Clean-Up Act. This group was made up of Grim, Creed, Colby, and I. Grim and I were co-leaders if I remember correctly. There was a little bit of rivalry in between the two of us in the storyline, but it wasn't about us. It was about helping Colby and Creed, two guys with big potential, find their way and their characters. I can only really remember feuding with Magic, but it was awesome because everyone had a part to play, no one was selfish, and the characters each grew amazingly. Because of that group, I've had two of the best rivalries I'll ever have as when it broke up I fought Colby a whole hell of a lot and Creed picked up a rivalry with me at a point because we had just worked together.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, a stable shouldn't be selfish. It shouldn't be for glory, or for attention for that matter. It should be for the betterment of the group. I'm not saying "Don't run a stable", but if you're all just as green as each other, it's not going to work out because none of you is going to get better. Take the Nexus for example. While it may look like everyone was getting better, no one really was except for Wade Barrett. Justin Gabriel had a flashy finisher. But the redhead, black guy, and the country bumpkin who threw away an awesome gimmick were not worth any of these two cents.

I think stables are for the betterment of the group. Country bumpkin guy threw away an awesome gimmick to become a generic stable in the Nexus. With characters so new, hell, Portable Air Bag hasn't even made his debut yet, I think the focus should be on the characters and not their motives. Start from the ground up. Trying to create something to cut the ground is doomed to fail. I started against Fontaine way back when (or whatever the hell he's calling himself now), and I've been earning my stripes and trying to figure out my character even since then.
Back to top Go down
JB-DY
Fed Slave
JB-DY

TWG Name : Drake York

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:14 pm

That is why I am being picky on choosing my members. I understand and agree with all of what you guys were saying. The purpose for me in doing my faction is of course be a dominate group. Now looking at my members, they will all be mid carder or lower status so I know dominating isn't going to happen lol. It has my two characters in it. My base of the group. An established tag team with now similar gimmicks. My next member that is joining is a newer character(although I suspect he is an alt of someones whom I can't place a finger on who it is lol) which will have his own voice in the group and is a lower level in the fed. This will give him a chance to represent what he can do as not only an RPer but as a team player.

Now my fourth member I honestly still don't have. I'll tell you now I originally planned on an inactive for the sole purpose I can use them as I please. Not to be selfish and take control of a character, but to have that security I won't have members going in and out of the stable. As most who know me from AFC, my attempts thus far in factions have been upsetting because of members not getting along or not lasting longer then a season or two.

A lot of people feel factions are a headache in federations and I honestly do not feel that way. If done right it can be a great thing. But you have to have chemistry, loyalty to being in a faction, team work ability. It isn't about having a leader or a voice. It is about being a solid unit, a story of individuals/teams working together for a purpose. I want to make it work and work right and make up for the bad factions I have had before and to prove to the ones that look negatively at factions.
Back to top Go down
Slip
Almost The GM
Slip

TWG Name : Slip

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Stables don't work for one main reason. Someone will always drop the ball leaving you to pick up all the pieces. The All Freak Court in AFC was Mitch Shredder, Yogi's Assassin, Johnny Martin and Slip. We formed the stable as we were the current tag*, Freak* and Spotlight Freak* champions. We finished the season with this idea, and then at the start of the next season, the person who was supposed to be to leader, Mitch, went AWOL. Everything was dropped into our laps. We kicked Mitch out at the start of the next season, which is when Johnny went AWOL. So then the stable was just me and Yogi.

Granted, Yogi and I were two of the top RPers in the AFC (I say this as we were the longest holding RP champ (Yogi) and the last holder of the belt before AFC closed (Slip)). The only reason this stable worked was because we were the people who were making the show, and therefore we had the leeway to build an arching story line that could take in the rest of the show and effect all aspects. Even then there were a lot of people who hated the stable (coughTPPcough) because it was set up as an elitism stable where we were holding the main titles for the show.

I don't regret running that stable story, as I had a lot of good fun with Yogi in regards to RPing and how we would take on the whole show together. But the only reason why this stable worked at all is because of the positions we were in. Unless you have a VGM working with you, the stable is just going to be all by itself and you wont get to work in the stable tactics that are the reason for being in a stable anyways. That's just my two cents on the matter.

*Tag - Johnny and Slip
*Freak - Mitch Shredder
*Spot light Freak - Yogi's Assassin
Back to top Go down
JB-DY
Fed Slave
JB-DY

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Slip I remember that and you were right about how it went. I won't stop trying to make it work. Yes miserable fails in the past, but this time I am half the faction, and if I use an inactive, then that will be 3/4 me. It isn't about power or really strength in numbers. I just want a group together with a common purpose. Yeah talks of dominating but we all know I do not dominate in the ring. I want to be a top RPer but not for just individual use, but as a group. Besides I am hard headed as most of you know and will do what I want anyway Smile Just know I am doing it for the right reasons, not to have power or control. Yes eventually members may come and go but I also want to use my faction to help people with RPing, whether they are with me learning, or its the ones I feud with and help shape/excel in their RP ability.
Back to top Go down
Jessieka
More Than A Woman
Jessieka

TWG Name : Annika Remorse

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:12 am

if you boys are serious about this, I'll make it my mission to take each and everyone of you down.. Yes that's right I'll crusade against the forces of "evil" and none of you will ever be the same again Razz lol
Back to top Go down
JB-DY
Fed Slave
JB-DY

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:43 am

Tempting Jess, oh so tempting lmao
Back to top Go down
Jessieka
More Than A Woman
Jessieka

TWG Name : Annika Remorse

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:17 am

Drake Brawler wrote:
Tempting Jess, oh so tempting lmao

it's on like donkey kong bitches Razz
Back to top Go down
Drewsky
I post too often :(
Drewsky

TWG Name : Drew Korth

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 am

Jess, that just made my morning.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fed Stable   Fed Stable - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fed Stable
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3