The Freak Institution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congratulations to us!?

Go down 
+3
Drewsky
TGR
Axel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Axel
That Troll Guy
That Troll Guy
Axel

TWG Name : Axel Crow

Congratulations to us!? Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm

When and how long have we been continental? Congratulations to us!? 130261
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

TWG Name : Akragth

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

You expected less? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://theinstitution.forumotion.com
Axel
That Troll Guy
That Troll Guy
Axel

TWG Name : Axel Crow

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

well... Razz
Back to top Go down
Drewsky
I post too often :(
Drewsky

TWG Name : Drew Korth

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Only Continental? I expected more... but I guess we just cant handle alot of other top feds yet.
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 pm

You expected more than is physically possible? Cool story.
Back to top Go down
Mizzy
Fed Slave
Mizzy

TWG Name : Angelus Creed

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

dose it have any surprise twists in it?
Back to top Go down
Drewsky
Drewsky

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Grim, I was aiming that as a compliment, we CAN be so much more, I think the way the season ended with the PPV was our best moment really, the last week entirely. It seems people are putting in effort, but its only a base of us, hopefully the new recruits this season can help us be better, because we are more than what shows in the rankings.

Im not saying we are bad at all, don't think I would go there, because we aren't. But if we have the contribution that we haven't really had from more than those who just came from AFC, it would be helpful.

PS: Ignore my ranting, just felt like it Razz
Back to top Go down
The Philadelphia Phighter
Never PMs first.

TWG Name : The Philadelphia Phighter

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Shush up Drew, you're being like that Phighter guy tongue

Yay Continental! I'll eat leftover birthday cake to that!
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:26 pm

We've been promoted twice, we can't be promoted more. Don't see how it's a compliment or anything >_>
Back to top Go down
Drewsky
Drewsky

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 pm

:S you can only be promoted twice? Since when? Im sure you dont just stop at 2 promotions forever...
Back to top Go down
Mizzy
Fed Slave
Mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 pm

I think he means once for each season, as in you can only climb one tier a season
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Unless a load of feds ahead of us went down, we can only go up once per season which is exactly what we've done.
Back to top Go down
Drewsky
Drewsky

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh! Well never mind then Razz

But I still stand by my point that we can have others improve, the core of us have been here for a long time, but that isn't going to cut it for us forever.
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Mhm, but that's nothing to do with promotions really, so...
Back to top Go down
Drewsky
Drewsky

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:41 pm

I will go to my corner Smile
Back to top Go down
Mizzy
Fed Slave
Mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm

I'll come out of my corner... not that I have much to say, we're doing well and it's true that there is always room to grow. We've been hit hard by real life problems effecting some of our bigger names, but this gives the rest of us the chance to stand up and say "hey we can do this, I have an idea..." if anything we should be proud of what we've achieved and know that these are just stepping stones on our way to what we can really do...
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Finding a group of active players is more difficult now than it was when AFC began. There are far fewer feds now, many players have left and the active RPers are much less spread out. Finding free agent, active RPers above level 8 is rare at this moment. As we rise in rankings, it becomes easier to get new people in.

When AFC started Magic was lucky that SWP folded almost immediately after, and he scooped up a lot of guys in one move. You cannot tell me that, in content or in sales, we are behind where AFC was after two seasons. Infact, we are ahead of that, and we know what AFC became, we know how it gained more members that formed the core group in and around the time of season two itself. All it takes is for one fed at around our level to fold, and we could scoop up a bunch of people just the same. I know that, were it not for loyalty to their current fed, there are at least 10 or so guys that would join us. These are people I talk to, who I help or who have helped me, who pay compliments to our shows, our members and our work. But I respect that they're in a fed that was their fed before we existed, or that they were in that fed before I started talking to them.

I am aware of the problems we face, and of the things we have achieved. To be honest, having read feedback, I believe my own judgement of this fed is the harshest here. I am happy to be honest to people, but not in public like some guys, not nastily like some guys, but in private and constructively. I sometimes wonder if people realise how destructive their comments can be...

I am open to any and all ideas for how to improve, that's one reason I wanted feedback- it's a rare time that people actually name who is succeeding and who is failing, to point out our faults and to talk about how to fix those. I know that we have added only a handful of active talent to the core AFC group. It was always going to be that way, it's harder to be a small part of a big thing than a big part of a small thing. We weren't a disorganised rabble that had room for people to enter and revolutionise- which is what happened at AFC when guys like me, guys like Slip or TPP (etc) arrived. We know what we're doing, we never needed the guys with big egos who want big pay but who have never proven themselves to be any better than the guys here. We could make the sales with the group we had, and we did. We don't need someone who believes they're gods gift, we already have TPP. I did have guys write to me, demanding title shots, guaranteed title reigns, ability to edit their own matches, pick their own opponents, in exchange for their RPs and their entrances, and I turn around and ask why the hell I would do that. So they go to another fed, that's no loss to us. I won't betray who we are for a few more tickets, so that some egotistical knobhead can come in and act like the sun shines out his ass. A bad member is worse than an inactive one, so I don't sign people who want x, y or z, and I don't sign guys who think their four line RP is the best damn thing ever.

That being said, we have had a few join us during this season break, guys that I look forward to seeing in action. Guys who I expect will be treated as well as the rest of the fed members are, welcomed with open arm, taught when needed, told off when necessary but always, always respected.

It must also be remembered that we had promises, from guys like Colby or Sasquatch, that they'd be active. We relied of their word, and they never came. I don't know where either is, but there are few circumstance where they can't manage to login for twenty seconds to say why they're gone. Then there are guys like Steam, who left without really saying why, guys we had thought would be here.

The primary, perhaps sole, concern was getting numbers in. If they were active, great, if not then fine- many where honest and told me they wouldn't be, but they signed on lower than average contracts in exchange for that. I don't sack the inactives unless there is a replacement, I see no point. Most are on lower contracts, lower merch, they're cheap to use and they don't complain. But we don't need to rush, so basically my point is give it time guys.

EDIT: Guess it ended up the length of a TPP RP huh?
Back to top Go down
Never PMs first.

TWG Name : The Philadelphia Phighter

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

We don't need someone who believes they're gods gift, we already have TPP.

God...I always get abused when you speak Grimmy tongue. Shoo. I'm working on it.

EDIT: Oh screw you. You're not perfect either tongue (don't rant at me - I'm kdding around here!)
Back to top Go down
TGR
Teh GM
Teh GM
TGR

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Yea, but you don't get butthurt Wink
Back to top Go down
The War Machine
WarStone
The War Machine

TWG Name : Tommy Stone

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 pm

If I may cut in on Philly's insane ranting....

This is indeed a very good sign, we are shooting up rather fast, and as for active RPers, they will come in time, once we start getting some attention from other people, they will come, I've seen it happen before.
Back to top Go down
Zeus the Fighter
Caution: Loves bear traps

TWG Name : zeus the fighter

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 am

TGR wrote:
Yea, but you don't get butthurt Wink

"...the sun shines from their ass"
Gold!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to us!?   Congratulations to us!? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to us!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Freak Institution :: The Bar :: TWG Talk-
Jump to: